The project is awarded under a joint-venture agreement to Cagayan Land Property Development Corp. (CLPDC) headed by Basilio Rodriguez, CLPDC President. The company is composed of CAMJ Construction, Inc., LR Land Developers, Inc., airport designer TCGI Engineers, and aviation consultant Asesores y Consultores Aeronauticos S.L. (ACA) of Spain which will run the airport under a 50 years concession contract.
Under the joint venture agreement, CEZA will invest P691 million or 41.7 percent of the total project cost while its private partner CLPDC will contribute the remaining P966 million or 58.3 percent.
The whole project involves the construction of a 2,500-meter by 45 meters International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards runway designed to accommodate narrow-bodied aircraft such as Boeing 737NG's and Airbus 320's, which has a typical seating capacity of 134 -210 passengers.
The project will also include a terminal building covering a floor area of 1,000 square meters, paved apron and tarmac that can accommodate two aircraft simultaneously, and a control tower.
“Once completed, the Ceza International Airport will complement the Port Irene Seaport, which is emerging as an international transshipment hub and tourism destination in the northeastern part of Luzon,” Ponce said.
In the Masterplan, the airport is envisioned by ACA to operate under the Global Transpark (GTP) system made famous around the world by Fedex when it was first established in Subic in 1992. GTP integrates on-time manufacturing and distribution facilities with multi-modal transportation, advanced telecommunications and materials handling system to facilitate fast, flexible linkages between GTP locators, their suppliers and customers globally. The phased developments for the new airport are as follows:
Phase 1 Development Features
- Construction of 2C aerodome with 1,000m runway to accommodate large turboprop such as ATR72 and Q400 operated by local airlines;
- A parking apron that can accommodate at least two large turboprop aircraft at any one time;
- Single taxiway links between the runway and the parking apron;
- A modular terminal and administration building, with a total floor area of 500 sq.m adjoining a 30 vehicle carpark facility;
- A standard control tower for ATC services;
- A fire and rescue building with Category 6 level;
- Gradual runway extension to 1,000 meters within the next 10 years to accommodate narrow-body jets such as Boeing 737NG's and Airbus 320's from Manila and other proposed international destinations;
- Expansion of parking apron;
- additional taxiway links between the runway and the parking aprons;
- Expansion of terminal building for another 500 sq.m and car park extension.
- Runway extension up to 3,000 meters to accommodate wide-body aircraft such as Boeing 767's and Airbus 330's;
- Expansion of airside facilities;