11 January 2017
In its 2017 Annual Punctuality Report, the UK-based aviation analysts OAG highlighted the airlines and airports, both large and small, doing the most to keep your holiday on schedule and two of the Philippine-based carriers top the lists as one of the carriers that flies late most of the time.
Cebu Pacific Air (CEB)ranked seventh-least punctual in the world, with an On Time Performance (OTP) of 57.6 percent.
“On time,” as defined in the study, is a flight that arrives or departs no later than 15 minutes from the scheduled time.
Philippines AirAsia (PAA), meanwhile is ranked ninth, with a 58 percent OTP.
Least Punctual Airline Globally
10. Xiamen Airlines Company - 58.3%
9. Philippines AirAsia Inc. - 58.0%
8. Sunwing Airlines Inc. - 57.9%
7. Cebu Pacific Air - 57.6%
6. SATA International-Azores Airlines S.A. - 57.1%
5. Indonesia AirAsia X - 56.8%
4. LACSA-Lineas Aereas Costarricenses - 54.2%
3. Shenzhen Airlines - 53.5%
2. AVIOR Airlines - 53.1%
1. Air Inuit - 44.6%
Congestion at either origin or destination airports has been blamed by these airlines for its low score, with Manila International Airport (NAIA) operating beyond capacity requiring airlines to expect delays.